Monday, March 21, 2011

Oh, Baby!

Well, what a wonderful Christmas present!  Two days after Christmas, we found out that we are going to be parents!  Unfortunately, the beginnings of morning sickness appeared on our 21 hour drive from Michigan back to Texas.  Luckily, we broke the trip up into 2 days.

Morning sickness was a little rough, but lucky for me, it dropped off completely right around the end of my first Trimester.  Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday!  When we got home, I realized that I didn't have an OB/GYN in Texas, so the hunt began.  And I am really pleased so far with our doctor.  She is very highly recommended and her nurse is the best.  Bill is learning about the gloriousness of the wait time for the "lady doctor".  I guess I got used to waiting to see the doctor...I usually had to wait for a half-hour to an hour for my doc in Indy, so it doesn't bother me so much.  Anyway, so far, so good--we have had 3 appointments.  We had an ultrasound at the first appointment..I believe I was 7 weeks and 3 days along for that one.  I will post a pic below, but the little munchkin is pretty tiny.  We also got to hear the heartbeat at all 3 appointments, which is music to our ears.  At our latest appointment last week, the baby was hiding, so it took the nurse a minute to find her (him or her, I mean!).  When she did find the baby, it was so hilarious b/c the heartbeat started increasing, like it was excited to be found :)
Baby Taylor at 7 wks, 3 days..get out your magnifying glass!
So, we have our next appointment on April 15.  We will have our ultrasound on that date to find out the sex of the baby--I am very excited :)  
Hard to believe we our now in our 17th week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! :)

    I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet note. I followed your profile back to your blog and realized that you moved to TX from Indianapolis just like my husband and I did! Funny coincidence! Hope you're enjoying TX. I'm still getting used to it, but it's beginning to grow on me. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo excited! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, can't wait to hear if we'll have another cute little guy or a little princess!

    ReplyDelete