Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Will

Just a few pics we got from the 3D/4D ultrasound.  These were done in the middle of June, so they aren't new, but you get the idea:




mouth open, hehe

a foot and a hand

Will was tired of having his picture taken by this point!

He smiled when I told him we were almost done ;)
So, that was a month and a half ago, and now he has built up more fat on his arms and legs.  We  had a doctor's appointment yesterday and another ultrasound.  His head and legs are measuring at 2 weeks ahead (so, he is measuring at 38 weeks--I am supposedly 36 weeks right now, according to my estimated due date of 9/3/2011).  The tech said that he has long legs and a big head.  So, it looks like our little buddy has the "Kruse head", which, if you have seen my dad and brothers, means large.  And even my head is big for a girl.  Yikes.

Some other random facts from the visit--the ultrasound showed him weighing in at 6 pounds, 8 ounces currently.  However, both the doc and ultrasound tech said that there is a plus or minus of a half pound to one pound of inaccuracy.  My doc said that historically, she has found that the ultrasound machine's "poundage calculator" runs heavier.  Maybe she just said that to make me feel better.  She said she thought he is probably right around 6 pounds right now.  One point of relief is that the umbilical cord is not around his neck, so hopefully that remains the case through the remainder of my pregnancy.  And on a cute note, the ultrasound tech said she thinks he has a lot of hair--she showed it to us on the ultrasound.  

His head is down, which is also good, and he is curled up with his little bottom just slightly up and over on my right side, with his legs over on my left side.  Not sure I described that very well.  Anyway, his current favorite activities are sticking his butt out, and what I believe to be a knee or heel.  He also enjoys randomly punching my bladder and jamming himself sideways. 

Although my appointments in the last month are supposed to be every week, the doctor made my next appointment for 2 weeks from yesterday.  And I will have to see another doc in the practice for that appointment because...drumroll, please...my doc is going on vacation for a week and a half starting August 10.  Sooo, I guess we just wait it out.  But I am ready.  I don't even care if I have a different doc that delivers him.  Anyway, despite this information, and despite my crazy dreams of giving birth to a toddler, I am ok.  I am anxious.  I am ready.  Women do this every day, and I can do it too.  

1 comment:

  1. He looks so cute! Cannot wait to meet him! If you can put up with Billy everday I am sure you can handle labor ;)

    ReplyDelete