Monday, April 5, 2010

Everything's coming up tumbleweeds




...and that's a good thing!



Weeks of uncertainty, running around, getting the house ready and getting Bill ready finally culminated into this past weekend! By no means is this the end of our excitement, but rather the crazy beginning!



According to my notes, it took us a little under 15 hours to get from Westfield to the hotel in Lewisville, Texas. Unbelievably, it didn't feel like it at all! Billy drove the whole way, even though I offered many, many, many times. (Please note my small victory: I did get to drive Bill's truck from the Kroger gas station back to his house the night before we left!)



We spent the weekend looking at houses with the realtor and getting more acquainted with the area. In fact, I think we found just the perfect house. Take a look at the picture over here to the right. I have posted a wider angle shot below...I think you can get a better idea of why we love it so much.


































Ok, so we decided against this one. We thought the tree in the front yard would take away from the house, haha. All kidding aside, it was a very good trip. We covered the area extensively, which will make it easier to rule out houses that happen to be located within spitting distance of one of the city's water towers or massive power line towers. Fortunately, Bill will be able look at any new prospects that pop up.


We spent the rest of the weekend getting Bill moved into his new apartment. Aside from a couple of snafus, everything went really well.

I flew back to Indy this morning to go to work, taking the Green Line bus into the madness of the Final Four downtown. I hated leaving, but I know it won't be for long....



3 comments:

  1. Got to love the water tower that seemed to be hovering over all of the houses within a 10 mile radius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me???? I thought Bill would be all over that house! The water pressure there would rival that of most industrial establishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I think that's the PERFECT house--think of the shade that water tower would provide! Ha!
    Love the blog, and Jenny, I do give you props for the big victory of driving from Kroger to Burntwood Way--atta girl!
    Love,
    Mom T.

    ReplyDelete