After that I drove to Parker, TX (north of Dallas) and visited South Fork. For some of us this has absolutely no meaning. But for some that are a little older you'll remember this as home of the show "Dallas" from the 80s. I'm sure my mom and grandma are very jealous of these pictures!
I have a feeling I'll be back there when we have family come to visit and go on a tour of the place.
Today the big news has been the implosion of Texas Stadium. It was pretty intense. I'm only a couple miles away from the stadium here in my corporate apartment and I could feel the "sonic booms" as the explosives went off. It's now just a pile of rubble, much like how the RCA Dome went down in Indy a couple of years ago.
All in all it's been a nice relaxing weekend which is just what I needed after my first week of work down here. I'm really looking forward to Jenny wrapping up her work in Indiana this coming Friday and being able to come down here to Texas as we start our lives together in the Lone Star State!!
Well it looks like it went quicker and on time compared to the RCA dome. Hopefully the dust didn't stay around too long.
ReplyDelete