Saturday, June 5, 2010

Time to Catch Up!

It's been a while since our last post but that's because it's been a VERY busy month or so for both Jenny and me. Let's recap:

Jenny came down to Texas the first week of May to help find a house. We found a house that we really liked. It had a pool, was a great layout and was very well kept. We made an offer on it and started negotiating only to find out that a utility easement ran right through the pool. Basically, the phone company could have come in and busted up the pool to run a utility line if they needed to. That just wasn't a risk we were willing to take so we decided to move on. Fortunately, just one street over we found a very similar house. After a few rounds of negotiations we now have a house!


We both are really excited about it. It's move-in ready but has several things that need to be updated so we'll get the chance to really make it our own and add some value to it at the same time.

The next couple of weeks are going to be VERY busy for yours truly. Next week I'll fly from Dallas to Indy to see Jenny and start to get things organized for the move. I'll just be there a couple of days before I fly to Boston for a week of training for work. I'll then fly back to Indy and watch as the moving company packs all of our belongings and then loads them in the moving truck. I close on the house down here in Texas the day after the moving company loads the truck so late that night I'll fly back to Dallas so I can make it back in time for the closing. Two days later the moving truck should arrive and move us in to our new house. In case it's not obvious, I'll be VERY ready to see that moving truck pulling away after moving our stuff into the new house!

So that's basically where we're at. Jenny's back in Indy spending time with her family and getting some things ready for the wedding. With as busy as we'll be between now and then we'll be tying the knot in no time!

Until next time, stay cool (we're on our way to 100 degrees today)!

No comments:

Post a Comment